Saturday, November 20, 2010

Steel Friends

Yesterday , I was going through the Orkut Album of my friend elan... One of the photo  in his album  (which i have uploaded here) pulled me back to my School days.....I was doing my 5th Standard in Rose Mary Matric School at that time .. 

I  had been actually forced by my teachers and friends to participate in  a dance event....(as they require one person to fill  and also all the others from my class are in some other events :) on the occasion of Republic Day Celebrations.... 
I do remember that day... My mom was waking me and my sister   early in the  morning(my sister have also participated in some other dance event) . I was very reluctant to  wake up ..I said my mom that im not going to dance... My mom forced me as much as she can ..In the meantime my sister got ready and she was showing  her dance rehearsal to my parents which irritated me to the core...
Finally my mom played a great drama... She told me that my teacher called her just now and told "If praveen is not coming today, we will fail him in 5th grade"..hearing this..I believed it might be true and hurried up  thinking that, if  I dance today , then she will promote me to 6th grade...My dad dropped me at my school  and  finally I danced for some hindi song. of that time.. 
Elan, Selva and Kutty in this photo are still having touch with me and we do communicate frequently about everything.. When we were studying 5th standard,  We named ourselves as the "Steel Guys". (heavily influenced by WWF telecasted at that time in star sports) We intentionally fought with other useless week  and slim guys of our class whom we know that will not fight  back with us  and celebrate our victory by going to some Bakery shop and having a mini-Pepsi ..In those days, Having Pepsi is a biggest sin in my family....One fine day we also saved a grand sum of 500 rupees.... The day we named ourself as  "Steel  day " :) ..and we had a Full-Pepsi on that day ;) ..... 
The friendship we had on that "Steel day"  exists between us for more than 14 years and even at this moment in the same wave length...  I had tears going through this old  photograph which remembered me the Steel Day. I was not sad; but it was nostalgia at its very best. ....